Thread: Database Exporter Queries

hajistic Unattached

Database Exporter Queries

Hi,

I am having a problem with extracting data using the data extractor. I can extract Nations and Stadiums information to a CSV file with no problem but if I try to extract Staff, Clubs or Competitions an error message is flagged

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parament name: startIndex"

It then hangs with the status bar on Loading Competitions.

I am running this as administrator. Any ideas why I am having this issue?

p.s. I also posted this in the comments in the downloads section. Apologies if I breached any rules by posting here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hajistic View Post

p.s. I also posted this in the comments in the downloads section. Apologies if I breached any rules by posting here.
    Best to post a new thread or an existing one as the comments aren't viewed as often Plus you'll get more responses in a thread.

I've had this before and the main times it happen was forcing the program to exit/react. Just run it and leave it alone. If you go to the folder you are extracting to (switch view to details) you will notice the file size of Staff.csv increasing if you hit refresh.

Another issue is it you changed any data yourself, dont forget to Validate the database and then run cmdbsort to tidy it up and try using Data Exporter again.

hajistic Unattached
    Thanks ever so much for your help. I hadn't adjusted any data but after I validated the database anyway it worked fine. Just processing the data now.

Emil Unattached

Extract database

Have anyone found a way to extract the databases into text files or something?

vCash
    Database Exporter

Just be aware 'Staff' will take about 30 minutes and it will look like it has frozen but it will keep running in the background (final file for Staff is about 36-37mb)

Emil Unattached
    Thanks a lot, now I don't have to reverse engineer myself

Database Exporter V1.01 Error

When I try to export staff this error appears;

----------

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error...

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex.

-----------

My operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Help?

vCash
    Open the official Editor in the Championship Manager folder, go to Tools, Validate Database. Save and Close. Download cmdbsort, run and overwrite database when prompted.

Then run the program again. A tip I'd give is to leave the program alone i.e. run it and open some other program in front of it to avoid any interaction.

Also, if you've a Tapani patch applied, uninstall that 1st

I have tried everything you suggested. While it now loads the data a Microsoft .NET framework error appears.

COuld not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions,
    Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

vCash
    Is it a DB or .exe you have edited yourself? Or what database is it?

The original .68 database update.

vCash
    Hmmm, maybe there is a max to the amount can be exporter. the ODB has 190k players and staff iirc. The current DB's ~120k. I've seen a issue like yours before but the tips I gave corrected it.

Maybe try a different compatibility option (right click on the app > Properties)

Thank you for your help but I still can't get it to work.

I am taking it that this has worked for other people. So I am at a loss...

Members who have read this thread: 1