This has been rewritten to replace an earlier version that appears to be corrupt. LohnLocke's utility includes a tool to do this, but some have asked me for the raw procedure, hence the rewite. Thanks to Luis Russo for testing the instructions.

You will need the XVI32 editor which you can download for free from here . (I'm sure there are other hex editors which are just as good, but that is the one that I use and have taken the screen prints of).

Also note that there is a restriction on the size of the shortlist that you can save. It is somewhere over 200 players (I have never found out the exact amount, but I have never had a problem with 200. If your game does crash when you try to load the shortlist then just deleate the shortlist and you should be fine.

Step 1: Create your shortlist within CMScout and save it to the C: Program Files/Championship Manager 01-02/Search folder.

Step 2: Start XVI32 and click on File then Open to open the shortlist that you saved in step 1
You should see something like this.

(The area in red is the section that we need to change. Do not alter anything else).

Step 3: The first change that we need to make is to the hex'04' at offset hex'0005'. This need to be changed to a hex'01'

Step 4: The rest of the area, from offset hex'0006' upto and including offset hex'0168' (this always ends with the hex'7E68') need to be changed to hex'00'

Step 5: Save your edited shortlist and it should now be visible within your game. There is no need to stop/start the game to see it.

Originaly By The Eejit