Thread: [CM 01/02 LEGEND] Anastasios Skalidis

vCash

[CM 01/02 LEGEND] Anastasios Skalidis

Another mediocre Greek striker who was a legend in CM. I think Pirovatis dug up info on Skalidis and Alexandros Papadopoulos at one point...would be interesting to see again. Someone should post up his editor stats and some screenies of just how insane a striker he was.

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Sick set of attributes - even though his injury proneness doesn't help

vCash
    I can't remember having a striker with a better goal ratio.

vCash
    I am greek and it happens to be a sports journalist and i've never heard of Skalidis (neither Alex Papadopoulos). Recently i found out that they indeed exist but the stats of Skalidis in CM 01-02 are unrealistic. If he was so good, he would be in a greek big club right now. But the truth is i can't find him in my database of the game, was he added in a patch?

Original game mate. No patches I do believe, or maybe 3.9.68.

There was a story going around that there were some rogue updaters who created a few gems like Skalidis/To Madeira etc

I know it is off the topic, but which game was Mark Collis in? He used to be a striker for Cambridge and always smashed the goals in...

As for Skalidis, I think I had him up front in one of my games, but was no Maxim Tsigalko

vCash
    I have 3.9.60, maybe that's why i don't have him. I believe this story going around, i knew from back then that To Madeira doesn't exist, so it makes sense that someone wanted to create a few gems for us to find.

9. mark collis was in 93/94.. version of the game, but only if u bought the 1994 end of season data update disc.

There were a few fake players in that game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    mark collis was in 93/94.. version of the game, but only if u bought the 1994 end of season data update disc.

There were a few fake players in that game...
    2, Mark Collis (AMC) and Ferah Orosco (DRC) both at Cambridge......... played that game religiously for years!

vCash
    Skalidis was a sellfish topscoarer. Like Tsigalko he performs better alone, than with another striker.

I remember him getting 70+ goals every seasons when well assisted. Even though Tsigalko got more goals, Skalidis usually gets 10+ assist also and is cheaper to get, so mind it.

vCash
    Skalidis scored over 1500 goals over about 18 season in my old Arsenal save. Unbelievable ratio! My mate told me about him I was like "He'll not be as good as Machlas". Ranger 7-0 Motherwell (Skalidis, 7) on his debut. From then on insane man love begun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Skalidis was a sellfish topscoarer. Like Tsigalko he performs better alone, than with another striker.
    Every striker in the game does, the game engine prefers a single striker to a pair :tup:

Got to love a bit of Skalidis

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Got to love a bit of Skalidis

I nerver found him ever from 10 years ago when I bought CD to install this game until now I download the game through this 4rum

vCash
    He's only in the 3.9.68 version of the game.... the official patch before any of our updates

In therms of goals/games he his probably the best forward that has ever appeared on championship manager, and that Chania team had some really awesome youngsters. About Skalidis, is isn't the best forward in cm in general therms because of the number of injuries he got. Average, 2/3 games always scoring, and then 2 or 3 weeks out due to injury.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke29 For This Useful Post:

Sam

IN the far cupboard, out of reach of reality and sanity!
    vCash
    He has a twitter!

https://twitter.com/A_Skalidis

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post: